A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO FASTING
What is Fasting?
Fasting is a spiritual discipline that is taught in the bible. Jesus expected His followers to fast, and he said that God rewards fasting.
There are three types of fasting:
- Normal Fast: means to abstain from all food
- Partial Fast: means to eliminate certain foods or specific meals
- Juice Fast: means to drink only fruit or vegetable juices during meal times
If food doesn’t work for you to fast, pray about what is something God wants you to fast, i.e. social media, sugar, television, etc.
The Reasons To Fast:
- To seek God’s will for our lives and to prepare us to receive all that God has for us in this year of 2017.
- Fasting allows you to focus your attention on why you’re praying and fasting. Esther 4:3
- Fasting demonstrates the depths of your desire when you pray for breakthrough Joel 2:12
- Fasting releases God’s supernatural power. Isaiah 58:6-7
The Importance of Fasting:
Fasting helps us focus on God and make His will our top priority.
Exodus 34:28, 2 Chronicles 23:2-3, Daniel 9:21-22, Nehemiah 1:4, Luke 4:2, Acts 13:2-3
Fasting does not and cannot twist God’s arm to move on your behalf. God wants to answer your prayers, and He answers out of grace
Make sure you are healthy enough to do a food fast. Choose the fast that is best for you. God will honor whatever fast you choose to do